addition to the duties and responsibilities detailed in the
councillor role description the Portfolio Holder for Social
Inclusion and Community Cohesion shall have specific portfolio
responsibilities for the following matters:
- Community Cohesion
- Social Inclusion
- Asylum Seekers
- Adult Learning
- Domestic Violence
- Young People
- Older People
- Safeguarding children
- Vulnerable adults
- Community Centres
In addition to specific
portfolio responsibilities, all members of the Executive
- Individually and collectively, ensure the implementation of
agreed Council policies.
- Provide strong and fair leadership and clear political guidance
to members and officers.
- Ensure the delivery of good value for money and continuous
improvement in services and implementation of best practice in the
- Respond within an agreed timescale to the recommendations of
relevant Scrutiny Committees on a regular basis setting out what
action is proposed or has been taken.
- Meet with Chairs of relevant Scrutiny Committees on a regular
basis to discuss progress in their area of responsibility,
responses to concerns raised and future work
- Ensure all relevant members are briefed at the appropriate time
on significant issues i.e. those that may:
result in a change of policy
have major resource implications
be contentious or politically sensitive.