This item is scheduled to be considered by the Executive on 20 January 2020. A copy of the Executive report is therefore attached.
It was proposed, seconded and RESOLVED that Council:
(1) Notes consultation responses relating to the Localised Council Tax Support Scheme for 2020/21.
(2) Approves a proposed ‘no change’ Council Tax Support Scheme for 2020/21 as set out in section 4 of the report.
(3) Approves continuation of the £20,000 Exceptional Hardship Fund for 2020/21 to top up Council Tax Support awards in appropriate cases.
(4) Approves Council Tax changes for 2020/21, being:
- Care Leavers: 100% Council Tax exemption being extended up to their 25th birthday;
- Council Tax empty homes premium: for any property empty between five and ten years to receive a premium of 200% (giving a total Council Tax charge of up to 300%), but subject to criteria as outlined in Appendix 3 of the report.