Venue: Committee Rooms 1-2, City Hall. View directions
Contact: Ali Hewson, Democratic Services Officer (01522 873370)
RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 9 August 2023 be confirmed.
An update sheet was circulated in relation to planning applications to be considered this evening, which included additional information for Members attention received after the original agenda documents had been published.
RESOLVED that the update sheet be received by Planning Committee.
Declarations of Interest
Please note that, in accordance with the Members' Code of Conduct, when declaring interests members must disclose the existence and nature of the interest, and whether it is a disclosable pecuniary interest (DPI) or personal and/or pecuniary.
No declarations of interest were received.
Simon Cousins, Planning Team Leader:
RESOLVED that Tree Preservation Order No 175 be confirmed without modification and that delegated authority be granted to the Assistant Director of Planning to carry out the requisite procedures for confirmation.
The Planning Team Leader:
a. advised that Outline Planning Permission was first granted for the residential development of this piece of land in November 2019 and the site had been allocated for residential development in the previous and the current Local Plan
b. highlighted that outline planning permission granted in 2019 was for 14 bungalows and this permission was subsequently amended in 2021 to provide details of drainage
c. described the application now before Planning Committee this evening as follows:
· Planning permission was sought to discharge all of the reserved matters from the amended outline planning permission, detailed at condition 2 of the outline planning permission.
· It encompassed details of the layout of the development, the appearance of the dwellings, the scale of the dwellings, the landscaping of the site and the means of access.
· The applicant was also seeking to discharge condition 4 of the outline planning permission which dealt with tree protection during development and also condition 5 which dealt with existing and proposed site levels.
· A copy of the outline planning permission was attached to the officer’s report.
· The details of the reserved matters still proposed the 14 bungalows as had been approved under the outline planning permissions and as part of a development of this site four of those bungalows would be affordable.
d. described the site history to the application site as detailed within the officer’s report
e. advised that the relevant planning policies considered at the time of the granting of outline planning permission were policies from the now super seeded Local Plan; the current Local Plan policies that were relevant to the consideration for the reserved matters application were as follows:
· Policy S53: Design and Amenity Standards
· Policy S48: Walking and Cycling Provision
· Policy S49: Parking Provision
f. reported that the issues raised by the application were primarily those of detail; the application conformed with what had been granted planning permission at the outline stage and so our consideration focussed on the details of the five reserved matters and the associated conditions
g. stated that the principle of the development of the site was already approved and the issue of the point of access was effectively also approved by reason of the location and shape of the site
Mr Adrian Coulbeck, local resident, addressed Planning Committee in objection to the proposed planning application, covering the following main points:
· He thanked members of Planning Committee for allowing him the opportunity to speak.
· He raised concerns regarding the grassed area of Wolsey Way.
· The grassland had not been maintained ... view the full minutes text for item 24.