Venue: Committee Rooms 1-2, City Hall
Contact: Ali Hewson, Democratic Services Officer (01522 873370)
RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 10 October 2018 be confirmed.
Declarations of Interest
Please note that, in accordance with the Members' Code of Conduct, when declaring interests members must disclose the existence and nature of the interest, and whether it is a disclosable pecuniary interest (DPI) or personal and/or pecuniary.
No declarations of interest were received.
The Arboricultural Officer:
a. advised members of the reasons for proposed works to tree’s in City Council ownership and sought consent to progress the works identified as detailed at Appendix A of his report
b. explained that Ward Councillors had been notified of the proposed works
c. stated that in some cases it was not possible to plant a tree in the exact location and in these cases a replacement would be replanted in the vicinity.
RESOLVED that the works set out in the schedule at Appendix A attached to the report be approved.
The Planning Manager:
a. described the application site situated on land formerly occupied by the Boultham Dairy (now demolished) located on the south east corner of the junction of Dixon Street and Boultham Park Road
b. reported that the site formed part of a scheme which was approved under a hybrid permission (2011/0860/F) and included full planning permission for a food store with access and car parking together with outline permission for a mosque, both of which had now been built on site, and outline permission for the erection of dwellings
c. advised that planning permission was now sought for the erection of 36 affordable dwellings, 18 two bed and 18 three bed with a split of shared ownership and social rented properties (19 shared ownership and 17 affordable rent)
d. reported on the site history relevant to the planning application site as detailed within the officer’s report
e. provided details of the policies pertaining to the application as follows:
· Policy LP1: A Presumption in Favour of Sustainable Development
· Policy LP2: The Spatial Strategy and Settlement Hierarchy
· Policy LP10: Meeting Accommodation Needs
· Policy LP11: Affordable Housing
· Policy LP13: Accessibility and Transport
· Policy LP14: Managing Water Resources and Flood Risk
· Policy LP26: Design and Amenity
· National Planning Policy Framework
· Impact on residential amenity
· Principle of the use
· Impact on visual amenity
· Flood risk and surface water drainage
· Impact on highway safety
· Contaminated land and other matters
· The principle of the use of the site for residential purposes was considered to be acceptable and the development would relate well to the site and surroundings, particularly in relation to siting, height, scale, massing and design.
· The proposals would also not cause undue harm to the amenities which occupiers of neighbouring properties may reasonably expect to enjoy.
· Matters relating to contamination and flood risk could be dealt with appropriately by condition.
· Subject to Anglian Water not raising any issues regarding surface water drainage the proposal would therefore be in accordance with the requirements of Central Lincolnshire Local Plan Policies LP1, LP2, LP10, LP11, LP13 and LP26, as well as guidance within the National Planning Policy Framework.
Members discussed the content of the report in further detail, raising support in general to the scheme. The following concerns were highlighted:
· Did the section 106 legal agreement to cover playing field, play space and amenity space include play equipment?
· Would the highway be adopted or maintained by the developer?
· Who would maintain the green space adjacent to the pumping station?
· How would the flood risk in this area be managed?
· Could members be given reassurance as to what affordable housing meant in this instance?
· Was Lincolnshire County Council consulted in respect of ... view the full minutes text for item 46.
The Planning Manager:
a. advised that planning permission was sought for the erection of a single storey side and rear extension at 4 Southland Drive, a two storey semi-detached dwelling with a detached garage
b. reported that the property had previously been extended to the rear via a pitched roofed conservatory and an enclosed car port to the side, which would be removed to accommodate this proposal
c. advised that the plans had been revised during the course of the application and a further consultation undertaken with the objector to which no further correspondence had been received
d. provided details of the policies pertaining to the application as follows:
· Policy LP26 Design and Amenity
· National Planning Policy Framework
Members discussed the content of the report in further detail, noting that the Upper Witham Drainage Board had objected to the scheme in principle, although Lincolnshire County Council as Flood Authority had not. It was asked whether any flood mitigation measures had been put in place.
The Planning Manager advised as follows:
· Lincolnshire County Council as lead Flood Authority was the main statutory consultee from whom to seek advice.
· The Drainage Board should feed comments through to the Flood Authority although it had chosen to respond directly.
· Proposed floor levels were the same as existing floor levels in the property.
RESOLVED that planning permission be granted subject to the following conditions:
01) The development must be begun not later than the expiration of three years beginning with the date of this permission.
Reason: As required by Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
02) With the exception of the detailed matters referred to by the conditions of this consent, the development hereby approved shall be carried out in accordance with the drawings listed within the application.
The works shall be carried out in accordance with the details shown on the approved plans and in any other approved documents forming part of the application.
Reason: To ensure the development proceeds in accordance with the approved plans.
Conditions to be discharged before commencement of works
Conditions to be discharged before use is implemented
Conditions to be adhered to at all times