The recommendations to the Council, as set out on page185 of the agenda and report pack, were duly moved and seconded.
On being put to the meeting, the motion set out above was declared carried.
(1) That the Treasury Management Strategy, including the treasury management prudential indicators and the Investment Strategy, as set out in section 4 and Appendix 3 to the report, be approved.
(2) That the Minimum Revenue Provision Policy, as set out at Appendix 2 to the report, be approved.
(3) That the Treasury Management Practices, as set out at Appendix 4 to the report, be approved.
Purpose of Report
To review and to recommend to the Council the adoption of the 15 statutory prudential indicators and 8 local indicators for the period 2021/22 to 2024/25 together with the 2022/23 Treasury Management Strategy.
(1) That the Council be recommended:
(a) to adopt the prudential indicators, as detailed in section 4.1 and appendix 1 of the report.
(b) to approve the Treasury Management Strategy (including the treasury management prudential indicators and the Investment Strategy), as set out section 4 and appendix 3 of the report.
(c) to approve the Minimum Revenue Provision policy in Appendix 2 of the report.
(d) to adopt the Treasury Management Practices in Appendix 4 of the report.
(2) That the extract of the minutes of the meeting of the Audit Committee held on 1 February 2022, as set in Appendix 5 of the report, be noted.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected
Reasons for the Decision
The report set out the operation of the Council’s prudential indicators, its treasury function and its likely activities for the forthcoming year which incorporated the following elements: